Friday, March 2, 2012

Career Goal Oriented

Wednesday I took Abraham to visit Bobbi at UVU. She is the Criminal Justice Advisor for UVU.  He will be a Junior in HS next year and he is thinking about doing some concurrent enrollment classes so that he can get some college credit and not have to spend more time than necessary doing all of his general ed classes when he gets to college.  I love that he is already thinking ahead and mapping out his education.  He is very enthusiastic about the criminal justice field and I think he will do great things.  I especially think that he absolutely loves the fact that he can be done with his Bachelor Degree possibly before he is 21 and ready for the police academy.  Listen to that, before he is 21.............excuse me, I'm back now.  I just fainted for a bit. 

My son, wants to stay in Utah.  This is a good thing for me because that means that he will be close to us. I hope he decides to venture out a little and maybe explore a little bit of other states so that he sees the difference that there is. Culture wise, education wise, personality wise....everything wise!!  Don't get me wrong Utah is a great place to live.  I just think that at some point in a person's life, its a good idea to get out and move around a bit.  I don't want my kids to feel like they have missed out. 

I am very proud of my son and his choices. I want to think that I did something right while raising him.  He makes me laugh out loud every day and I am so proud of him.  I just don't know what I would do without his happy face in our home.  I just hope that he stays on track for what he wants to do but he knows that I will support him in whatever adventure he wants to pursue and wants to live.

I love you mijito!!

Here is Abraham being his silly self...mind you he is a serious kids but I love the moments when he can play around and be silly. 

Here he is showing off his Christmas presents.  I just love him to death!!

Ceci

No comments:

Post a Comment