Thursday, November 22, 2012

Things to be thankful for

THANKSGIVING...

I have always enjoyed this holiday.  I enjoy getting the family together and stuffing our face with food until we almost explode and then take on the challange of dessert.  This year was a lot more meaningful and special.

See this year; I am greatful for a lot of things.  First I am greatful for my family, my health and my job.  I am greatful that I have a house to live in and a mortgage to pay.  I say that and you might wonder why.  Well this year Javier got his ACL replaced on November 1st.  Since then he has not been working and I have taken on the task of working and paying for ALL of our bills.  It's been hard but I do have to say; I am greatful for the extra money we have saved up...small amount but none the less it has saved us.  I am greatful to have such great family members and great friends.  I am greatful for my kids who are so understanding about how Christmas will be this year. I am greatful that Javier is now better and will be 100% in February and will be able to go back to work.

I am also greatful to have such a loving husband.  He calls me his hero....I love that.  I think he feels bad that he isn't bringing any money to the home but I always tell him...we married for better or worse...this my dear is part of our not so good moment....we have had worse.  He always has something good to say and can comfort me when I need a moment to cry or just a moment to be silent and cuddle.  I love him for that and I love my kids for understanding.

It's hard to keep it together; I have lost it a few times just thinking about how I can make our money stretch and keep us till my next pay day but God is watching over us and I am confident that he will carry us through this rough patch....after all; sometimes we need these lessons in life to keep us going. 

I'm a tough bitch and I keep moving forward...never looking back. Only thinking about the positive and the good to come.  So today I am thankful for a lot of things.

Keep your family close and keep your hearts open.  You never know who might have it worse than you do.  Like my hubbie said...it's not the end of the world, the sun will come up tomorrow and it will be a new beautiful day.


Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Ceci

No comments:

Post a Comment