Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 21st.

On February 21st I had surgery to remove the right side of my thyroid.  The doctor had been keeping an eye on it for a while now and since it was not showing any signs of being "normal" it was decided by the both of us that it was best to take it out.  It had been growing and since the test had come back negative for cancer we thought it might still be a good idea to remove it just in case.

The surgery went fine and I was happy to hear that it was not cancer.  I am doing well and getting better and better as each day passes. I am happy that it wasn't more than my thyroid out of control but sad that now I am missing a part of me.  As weird as that may sound.  This was my first surgery and I am very happy to all the staff at UVRMC for taking very good care of me.

The first thing I asked the nurse when I came out of the anesthesia was....."how big is my cut?"  Yea, I was worried that I was going to look bad.  Well when I finally got to see the cut, it wasn't as bad as I thought and I was happy for that.

I must love Yoga because apparently all I could say when I was coming to was....Nemasta. hahaha....the side effects of anesthesia are funny!!

Yea, there it is.  My scar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment