Friday, September 30, 2011

Mourning

"There is no greater sorrow than to recall a time of happiness when in missery."

Today was my neighbors funeral.  I wish that I had been able to go but working nights all I want to do is come home, take my kids to school and sleep.   I had just gotten home and had stepped out of my car to close the door, I saw the night sky was full of stars as there was no moon and it looked so beautiful.  Not something I sit and remenis about very often but for some reason today I did. 

I stood in my front yard gazing up at the night sky and seeing how beautiful it was.  I thought about my neighbor who had her funeral today; she must have been looking down from heaven at her family.  My neighbors are wonderful people.  I think they are Polonesian. I don't know a lot about their cultur but I would have loved to go to the funeral to give my condolances and let them know that  I am there to support them. 

I woke up and got ready for work today and noticed that family was coming back from the funeral.  It was about 2pm when I was sitting at my kitchen table and having a snack. I saw that they all took out a blanket and arranged them in the garage in a big circle. They were all sitting around and I would imagine they were talking about what a great lovely wife, sister, mother, daughter, friend, cousin she must have been.  I was tempted to go over and sit with them but thought it would be really rude since I didn't really know them, except for the occasional hello and going over to chat with them.  Taking the Christmas cookies and treats every year. 

Either way I found it very interesting to see what they were doing, honestly I wanted to run over with my camera and take some pictures.  Everyone looked so at peace, the tears did flow but it was just different. I found that very relaxing as I sat and watched everyone through my window. I had to come to work or I would have sat longer.

To my neighbor: May you rest in peace my beautiful neighbor, I'm sure you are now in a better place enjoying time with your loved ones that are with you in heaven. Your battle was fought bravely and I respect you for that.  Breast Cancer is an ugly beast and you are now free of it.

Here is her Obituary:

Toti Maile
Vaitohi
2011
Toti Maile Vaitohi, age 43, of Spanish Fork, passed away September 19, 2011. Funeral services will be held Friday, September 30, 2011 at 11a.m. in the Spanish Vista Ward LDS Chapel at 1700 E. 1167 S. Spanish Fork, UT. A viewing will be held prior to services from 9:00-11:00a.m. Interment will be in the Spanish Fork City Cemetery. 

Ceci

No comments:

Post a Comment