Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Family Time



Yesterday I was texing my daughter while I was working, she mentioned that she had been watching Lady and the Tramp.  She tells me that she wants spaghetti for lunch tomorrow because she was watching that show.  I told her that was a great idea. 

I got home this morning at 6am, usually I am home early but because we had a snow storm I got home at 6am.  I went to bed for a few hours and woke up to J asking me if I wanted something from McDonalds.  I told him I didn't want anything but I had a few things that I wanted him to pick up from the store.  I made it easy for him; I handed him and my son the actual recipe and put a star next to the things I needed for the dessert I was making and at the bottom of the paper I put " spaghetti noodles and spaghetti sauce."  Easy right????  Well I should have known better.  I got a call about 10 min after they left asking me about the peanut butter chips and the penut butter cups.   I should have known that it wouldn't be that easy but after explaining to them what I needed I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I woke up about 12:30 because I was thinking about dessert and thinking about spaghetti.  I asked my daughter to help me and she was so glad to help.  Sunday's we are usually in church but since I'm on my graveyard shifts I try and make it a point to spend time with my family even if we don't go to church and I don't get a lot of sleep, doesn't matter because my time with my family is priceless.

We started baking the brownies that we needed for the layered dessert, baked it and set it by the window to cool. We opened up the peanut butter cups and cut them in 1/2...mixed the pudding and put that in the fridge. We tasted everything of course.  It was delicious. 

We then started on the spaghetti.  My daughter cooked the noodles and I started on the meat.  When the noodles were cooked I had her start on the sauce.  She loves to cook and is more experienced in the kitchen and loves to be in there. When we were done, our finished product kinda looked like this....


It was delicious and we all liked it.  We will have plenty of leftovers for a  few days but really who can resist spaghetti.  :0) 

As for the dessert.....this is what we made and it did actually turn out like this picture. I hope the people at work like it as much as we did.  My daughter was concerned that some people might be allergic to it if they have a peanut allergy.  I told her that I would let everyone know that there was peanutbutter in the whipped cream so that there were no casualties. I lover her, always concerned with everyones well being.


Happy Sunday evreyone.  Since we didn't get to go to church today; I will leave you with a picture of a church I saw that I totally loved.  This picture was taken by Joost Van Doorn; with Ash Wednesday coming up we reminise about things that we could do without just like Jesus did when he was meditating in the dessert for the duration of Lent.  I'll post more on that later. 



HAPPY SUNDAY!! May you be blessed today and always.

Ceci


No comments:

Post a Comment