Thursday, February 16, 2012


On Feb. 15th; my hubbie J had what they call non-evasive surgery on his knee.  About 6 years ago he was playing soccer and twisted it up pretty bad.  His knee had been bothering him a lot and we finally decided to get it taken care of.  The picture listed above is what they used.  He had his meniscus torn and had to have that removed.  Although it was a "simple" surgery as the doctor called it.  He was a little worried.  He was worried that he wouldn't wake up from the anesthesia.  I assured him that he would wake up and be ok. 

It was the right meniscus that was torn and was taken out.  It was a long day for him as well as me.  I started my graveyard shift on the 14th.  His surgery was scheduled for the 15th at 8:30, which meant that we had to be at the surgery center at 7:15 to check in.  I got off work at 6, went home, took a power nap and headed to the surgical center. At the surgical center they ask you all the medical questions....allergies, family medical history etc.  They finally called him back and got him ready, after he was preped they called me back and let him sit with him before he finally had to have surgery.  I could tell he was worried so I gave him a quick blessing and said the Lord's Prayer and as we say in Spanish, lo Persine.  He felt much better.  after a little while the anesthesiologist came in and went over some things, then the nurse, then the doctor.  they finally wheeled him off and I went to the waiting room again to wait.  I took a nap there because I knew that I would't be sleeping much that day.  The doctor told me that he would be about an hour so I slept. 

The hour passed and I was called back to sit with him as he came out of the anesthesia. It was funny to see him come out of it.  The first thing he said when he saw me was "I had a good dream."  I asked him what he dreamt and all he said was "I don't know......I love you so much."  I was happy because I thought I must be doing something right.  He was happy to see me and I was happy to see him.  He came out just fine and had 2 cups of applesauce.  He was a happy man.

I'm glad that everything went well and that he is now home resting, healing and getting better.  As for me; I did finally get some sleep and all is well in our house again.  ;0) 


No comments:

Post a Comment