Sunday, October 30, 2011

Staycation?

I have heard of these Staycations....they are vacations that are taken away from where you live.  Well my husband and I are going to take one this next weekend.  We are going up to Park City.  I got a great deal on a 3 day 2 night stay.  I figured why not take advantage of it.  We need some time alone and I figured while we were up there we could hike and get some great pictures. Some hiking wouldn't do us any harm and then to just come back to the hotel room and just cuddle take a long hot bath or just sit and watch tv in our underwear, would not be a bad idea.  :)  I just want to have some alone time with him so that we can catch up.

It seems like we started to spend more time apart, less time together and more time with our kids.  That's not a bad thing mind you, but we never really did anything together.  I always felt guilty because our kids were not involed.  Our whole world revolved around our kids.  Whatever we did it was all about our kids.  The thing is that we have been concentrated on our kids for so long that I feel like we have grown apart.  Sounds wierd? Ya it is.  I wish it weren't. 

I hope that this little staycation will help us to reconnect and get to know each other again.  It's hard for me to say that.  I love my husband but I feel like we really don't know each other anymore.  I have taken on new hobbies and new interests, new job, new friends and I know that he feels the same way that I do.  He thinks that we are really different than what we were when we first got married.

Ceci

No comments:

Post a Comment