Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sunday Drive

My husband Javier loves the fact that we can go for a drive on Sundays.  We do it all the time, the only difference now is that I have a camera and I can take pictures.  This Sunday we woke up rather early, not on purpose mind you, we just did.  He looked over at me and asked, do you wanna go take pictures?  We can go to the lake? I was up in a flash, dressed and grabbed my camera bag.  We stopped at McDonalds for coffee and he bought himself a burrito.

It was great.  We didn't take the kids because, well they were still asleep.  It's so pretty to see the scenery. All the beautiful corn fields, alfalfa fields, and plain old fields that have been freshly plowed.  It's great. Reminds me of when I was a kid living out in Elberta.  I'll share a few pics of what I took while at the lake.  Enjoy.

birds 



looks like the carnival was in town. 




sunrise


the moon was out while the sun was still rising.  I just had to take pictures 







old barn

old truck




plowed field 

green field

When I took the photography class, Wade told us to practice taking pictures.  That we would naturally start getting a feel for what the camera's settings should be at.  I think I'm getting the hang of it.  Also going out and taking pictures with other photographers, like my friend Chris, helps.  Give you a different perspective on things and they are great for giving tips too.  Thanks to both of you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment