Monday, April 4, 2011

Doctors

This weekend was great. We had my dad over for dinner since my mom is not home with him.  We had some carne asada, fresh made tortillas, salsa and potato salad.  It was a great Sunday dinner.  My dad love pineapple upside down cake so I made him some for dessert. He was a happy camper as were we.

Today I went to my follow-up appointment with my doctor for my thyroid.  Turns out I have Hashimoto's Disease.  I know I didn't spell that right but that's not the point. The point is that my body is fighting my thyroid because it thinks it's a foreign thing.  Sucks a lot! Dr. told me that I have to stay away from chocolate, CHOCOLATE! does she not know it's my favorite thing in the WHOLE world!!  She does because she's a chocoholic too.  She said it took her like 6 months to finally get ride of the craving so today, April 4, 2011.  I am going to let my chocolate addiction go.  :(

I was also told by my doctor that I need to lose 15lbs and need to eat less carbs.  OMG!!  I gotta get some better eating habits. I have started and am very proud of myself but I have to get my act together.  I am going to be better at going to the gym, especially since I will be running a 5k soon!

I'm excited to start these new changes.  I hope you all had a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment