Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Another year older....another year wiser!

Another year older, Yes.  Another year wiser, Perhaps.  Today is my 35th birthday.  I had hoped for a mariachi band singing "las mananitas" outside my window this morning, but I will settle for the text that my dad sent me early this morning...12:45 to be exact wishing me a happy birthday. 

I am greatful that God has given me this opportunity to be on this beautiful earth and to spend time with my family and my friends for another year.  Hopefully I will be around for many more years to come. 

A little bit of my background.  I was born in Aguascalientes, Mexico....beautiful place.  I came to the U.S. when I was 2 months old.  My mom tells me the story of how we crossed the border and I am amazed that we made it; back then the border wasn't so guarded as it is now, but it was guarded.  She tells me that we had to climb a huge wall; well I wasn't doing any climbing obviously, but she says that a friend of my family carried me up to the top of this huge wall.  Then to my surprise my mom said that he had to drop me down to my parents.  WHAT!! I laughed because  I thought she was kidding.  "No joke" she says!!  I kinda sat there for a few seconds thinking about what she said.  "mom" I said, "what if dad wouldn't have caught me?"  she answers; "its a good thing he did."  *laughing* Can you believe that!!

Yes I migrated here to the US and I'm proud.  I'm proud of my parents who took the initiative to come to this great Nation and start a new life, a better life for them, for me and for my brothers. 

Happy Birthday to me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment