Thursday, August 25, 2011

My wonderful Mother

Today; August 25th, 2011 is my mom's birthday.  She is one of the happiest people that you will ever meet.  She is such a great mother, a great grandmother and she will always be my greatest friend.  She loves to listen to music while she cleans, she loves to sing and she loves going to church.  She prays a Rosary every night and is always sending blessings our way.  She is an excellent cook and she has so much patience I don't know how she does it. 

She has shown me how to be strong when things are really bad.  She has shown me what hard work is all about.  If it wasn't for her I don't think I would be the person I am today. 
This is my mom; she is making tamales.  One of the best tamales you will EVER have I can guarantee you that!!  My mom was born in Aguascalientes Mexico.  She is part of a big family.  She has like 10 brothers and sisters.  She was raised in Mexico and left Mexico when I was 2 months old. 

We grew up in Elberta (Utah).  We lived on the orchards farms and my dad worked for the LDS church.  My parents both are hard workers but I remember my mom would make tamales and flour tortillas to sell so that she could have a little extra money to buy us Christmas.  She would also sell wonderful homemade Pan Dulce.  Soooo gooood!!  While my dad worked my mom always stayed home with us.  She always kept the house clean and always had lunch waiting for my dad when he would come home to eat.  She would make sure that our homework was done.  She didn't understand a lot of it but she always sat and helped us.  She always told us school was the most important thing in this life.  She said that without school; you will never really do anything with your life. 


Here is a picture of ...Jose Luis, Mom, Danny, Dad, Abraham and Me.
My mom got really sick recently and we had her in the hospital for a week.  I was really scared and I felt so helpless.  Javier would always tell me "Tienes que cuidar a tu mama...solo tienes una."  I took that too heart.  It's true; you do only have one mom and if I don't take care of her who will.  I remember visiting my mom and she would be asleep.  I always thought that she was having a bad day....it was more that.  My mom was really sick.  It turns out that she was suffering from Colitis and diabetes.  I took her to the doctor and got her all better.  I am greatful that my mom is still here.  I love her with all my heart and I could not imagine my life without her. 

Happy Birthday mom!! Te quieo mucho!!

1 comment: